The French Academy in Baltimore is a small language school whose mission is to offer tailor-made language services to anyone wanting to learn French. We teach in the DC metro area and in Baltimore. Our small size allows our team to work intensively on the curricula, exchange information faster, and prepare classes according to the needs of our students. Our instruction is based on French language immersion; our methodology aims at re-creating a natural language environment with situations and dialogs that can be encountered when living or working in a French speaking country.
We offer classes for adults, corporations, English and French speaking children, as well as private tutoring at all levels of proficiency
As a small school, we have the flexibility to be where we're most needed. That's why we're happy to come to you, giving in-house classes at your place of business or at home. While our office is in Alexandria (VA), we are happy to offer classes in Baltimore at your own location or at 800 36th W Street Baltimore, MD 2121.
Our mission is to provide the very highest quality French language instruction in order to help people become better global citizens. We create a fun and friendly environment that immerses students in the language and culture, ensuring students learn French effectively and quickly.
The French Academy was founded by two passionate and experienced native French teachers who wanted to provide the highest caliber of French Language instruction. They realized that a school was needed in the DC metro area to answer the specific needs of different individuals: adults seeking a tailor-made course, families with children of different ages and bilingual families who are looking for a qualitative French education, and also professionals and businesses, for whom flexibility, individualized curriculum and specific goals are important.
We are a small team, striving to provide personalized service in DC, MD and VA, offering group classes for adults and children at convenient locations and flexible one-on-one lessons.
- Business French and corporate classes (special expertise in development, cooperation and human rights in Africa; marketing and communication; human resources; project management)
- Test preparation: FSI, DOD, TEF, TCF, DELF
- General classes for adults (all levels)
- Reinforcement classes to brush up your skills
- Children classes (from 1.5 to 14 years old)
- Reinforcement classes for teenagers (IB, AP preparation).
- Classes for French speaking children focusing on spelling, grammar and extended vocabulary
- Tutoring for heritage speakers (for French speakers who studied/ lived abroad and need to perfect their written skills)