Info Covid 19
Since our highest priority is the health of our students, staff and teachers, we would like to share with you some measures the French Academy is taking regarding COVID-19:
1- During stay-home orders, all our classes are online.
If you start a class in person and a stay home order is declared your class will be moved online.
2- We offer In Person classes (since July 2020) with extra Safety Measures
- Tables, chairs and door knobs at all our locations are disinfected regularly.
- We ensure routine cleaning of frequently touched objects (markers, white boards, toys etc..), bathrooms.
- No more than 6 students (or less depending on the space available) are accepted per class.
- Teachers are following the regulations of the CDC.
- All teachers wear protective masks.
- We are implementing a come in and out policy in respect of the 6 feet distancing.
We would also kindly ask all our students to:
- Follow the recommendations of the CDC before visiting the French Academy.
- Answer a screaning questionnaire before entering the building.
- Wash their hands before starting a class. Teachers will bring hand sanitizer and wipes to class. Bathrooms are on the first floor.
- Avoid physical contact, and keep a 6 feet distance from other participants.
- Students have an assigned seat, about 1.5 m apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing is not be permitted.
- If you need to cough or sneeze or blow your nose, please do it in a disposable tissue.
- Any student who is 5 and above should wear a mask while coming to a class.
- Eacg participant have to sign a COVID-Waiver.
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms: fewer, respiratory sickness, chills, unusual fatigue, sore throat, loss of smell or taste.
Children Classes Measures
Below are the precautions we will be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to assure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
- No more than 5/6 students will be accepted into each class depending on the space available for class and if some parents need to be present.
- Teachers and assistants will strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
- Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions will be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents will be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class.
- Each participant should answer the screening questionnaire before each session.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in the classroom.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands before class and whenever necessary.
- Students will have an assigned seat, about 1.5 m apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- Only one parent can be present in the small kid classes, and for children older than 6, parents are asked to drop off their children. Safe drop in and off instructions will be given before the session starts.
- All teachers will wear protective masks and students over the age of 3 and their parents will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well.
- Activities and games during classes will abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- Right after usage, shared material and games will be sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Non-washable toys, materials and games are not be used this year.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person summer classes will be online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.