Schedule of Children Classes Baltimore
Classes are held
at St Luke's Church, 800 W 36th Street, Baltimore, MD 21211
We are very thankful that St Luke's Church let us rent comfortable rooms at their facility. We are however not affiliated with any religious activity or belief.
For Young Children (2.5-6) - All Levels
Small Kid Class- Poussins (2.5 - 5.5 years old)
A playful class in complete immersion with activities similar to what children would do in a French maternelle. They learn words and sentences, use them in songs, dances, games, and stories. Due to the immersion approach the class is suited for both beginners and advanced children.
** IN PERSON **
- Mixed Poussins (3-6 y od) FALL class in Baltimore (Hampden) / 10 weeks: Saturdays 9 to 10 am - Sept 10th to Nov 19th(no class Oct 8th) - $240.
** ONLINE **
- Moineaux Summer class (2 to 4.5 y) online / 6 weeks: Saturdays 9 to 9:55 am - July 9th to Aug 13th - $132
- Poussins Summer class (5 to 7 y) online / 6 weeks: Saturdays 9 to 9:55 am - July 9th to Aug 13th - $132
For English speaking children (7-12)
** ONLINE **
Conversation for Kids 7.5 to 13 years old - An interactive and playful class for beginners (A1) to strong elementary (A2+)
Level 1: for complete beginners to strong beginners (0 to 2 years of French)
Level 2: for elementary children (3 to 4 years of French)
- Kid Conversation Summer class ONLINE (kids 7.5 to 12) / 6 weeks - level 1: Sat 10:05-11:30am - July 9th to Aug 13th - $195.
- Kid Conversation Summer class ONLINE (kids 8.5 to 12) / 6 weeks - level 2: Sat 11:35-1pm - July 9th to Aug 13th - $195.
If your child is Elementary or intermediate, we can organize private lessons. If you know 2 to 3 children at the same level, we can organize a small group just for you (2 to 4 participants). Contact us, if you are interested.
For French Speakers/ Bilingual Children (6-16)
Les P'tits Francais I/II, III/IV
A class tailor-made to the needs of French-speaking/ bilingual children.
Advanced French classes "Les Petits Francais" are online. Check the schedule here.
- If you would like to book/ organize a class for French-speaking/ advanced children in person, please contact us.
- We can organize a class at your location for your child, or a group of children (siblings, friends, a school).
- The hourly price will vary according to the number of hours and participants. See the price list here.
- The curriculum will follow the general French curriculum of French schools (Cp, CE1, CE2, CM1, CM2, 6ième...) unless you'd like us to prepare something specific (CNED; a test..).
Children Classes Measures
Below are the precautions we are be taking, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in order to assure that your child has a safe and enjoyable experience.
While we understand these precautions may be inconvenient, the sole purpose is to provide a safe environment for your child and our staff.
In case we cannot meet in person classes will be online.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out and ask! Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- No more than 7 students are accepted into each class.
- Teachers and assistants must strictly reinforce CDC guidelines. We kindly ask parents to do so as well.
- Special Parent/guardian drop off and pick up instructions is be implemented to guarantee 6 feet of space.
- Parents are be asked to take their child’s temperature before dropping them off at class .
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in the classroom.
- Students will be asked to wash/sanitize their hands before class and whenever necessary.
- Students have an assigned seat, at least 6 feet apart from other students.
- Students will be asked to bring their own supplies (crayons, pencils, pens, paper, markers, etc.) and sharing will not be permitted.
- Teachers wear protective masks and students over the age of 3 will kindly be asked to wear a mask as well at all time.
- Activities and games during classes abide by physical distancing guidelines.
- Right after usage, shared material and games are sanitized. Children will immediately wash their hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Non-washable toys, materials and games are not used this year.